Hit the ball...ride in the cart…hit the ball...ride in the cart. Not exactly getting the most benefit for our bodies using this method and it might even be costing you some strokes.
When was the last time you walked a round? How do you feel when you were playing and how did you feel when you were done? When giving a playing lesson I always encourage my students to forgo the cart as there are so many benefits to walking. Just to name a few…
- Equivalent 1 hour of running according to Mens Health Magazine
- Burns 1442 calories earning you that ice cold beer on the 19th
- Saves Money (no more $25 cart fees bringing you down)
- More time focusing on your game not what others are doing
- In many cases lower scores and more fun.
I can’t think of anyone that doesn’t want to be healthy, lose weight, play better and have more fun. So stop making excuses and start walking.
This week's challenge is simple...any guesses?
Happy walking and now get out there and have some fun!